Alliance of Wound Care Stakeholders Busy Advocating for Members
The Alliance has been busy in submitting comments to legislative bodies and regulatory agencies. Click here for a complete list of our “Official Comments" section under the Activities and Achievements for the following comments submitted by the Alliance with our members' guidance and input:”
- October 2016-Alliance comments to FDA draft guidance on “Use of Real World Evidence to Support Regulatory Decision-making for Medical Devices"
- September 2016-Alliance comments to FDA draft guidance “Homologous Use of Human Cells, Tissues, and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products
- September 2016-Alliance comments to FDA draft guidance “Minimal Manipulation of Human Cells, Tissues, and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products”
- September 2016-Alliance oral comments at FDA’s Public Hearing on Draft Guidances Relating to the Regulation of Human Cells, Tissues, and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products
- September 2016-Alliance submits comments to FDA’s General and Plastic Surgery Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee for its September 20-21 Meeting
- September 2016-Alliance submits comments to CMS regarding the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System
- September 2016-Alliance submits comments to CMS regarding the Physician Fee Schedule
- August 2016-Alliance submits comments to CMS on Medicare Program; Changes to the Medicare Claims and Entitlement, Medicare Advantage Organization Determination, and Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage Determination Appeals Procedures; Proposed Rule
- August 2016-Alliance submits comments to CMS on CY 2017 Home Health Prospective Payment System Rate Update; Home Health Value-Based Purchasing Model; and Home Health Quality Reporting Requirements
- August 2016-Alliance comments to CMS on CMS Patient Relationship Categories and Codes
- August 2016-Alliance comments to Noridian Local Coverage Determination (LCD) for Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) Therapy (DL 36686)
- August 2016-Alliance commentsto Cigna Government Services Local Coverage Determination (LCD) for Application of Skin Substitute for Wounds of Lower Extremities (DL36690)
- August 2016-Alliance comments (as member of the Venous Care Partnership) to AHRQ regarding Treatment Strategies for Patients with Lower Extremity Chronic Venous Disease (LECVD)
Alliance Webinar on “Health Care Fraud Investigations: What to do when the government knocks” Now Available to Listen to Now!
The Alliance recently teamed up with speakers from Epstein Becker and Green for a complimentary webinar addressing the risks and risk management tools for wound care practitioners and manufacturers related to federal and state health care fraud enforcement under the federal False Claims Acts, including its “whistleblower” provisions. While we had an excellent response from our members we realized that many of you had a schedule conflict and were not able to participate. Therefore, you can click here to access the webinar when it is convenient for you.
As a Sister Society, Alliance Will Present at World Union of Wound Healing Societies (WUWHS) Congress on September 25th
The Alliance is pleased to be selected as a WUWHS 2016 Congress Sister Society and will present “ Current State of Wound Care in Europe and the U.S.—Clinicians and Manufacturers Challenges of Balancing Good Clinical Practice with Government Policy Changes” on Sunday September 25 from3:00 pm- 5:00 pm in Hall Donatello.
Both the Alliance and AAWC will be presenting as sister societies at the WUWHS. Please plan to support both of our involvements and register to attend the WUWHS.
Clinical Association Meetings
Aug 31 to September 3, 2016Wild on Wounds Conference
Las Vegas, NV
Aug 31 to September 4, 2016National Lymphedema Network
September 14-15, 2016Visiting Nurses Association of America Public Policy Conference
September 23-27, 2016American Society for Plastic Surgeons
Los Angeles, CA
October 7-9 2016Symposium on Advanced Wound Care Fall
Las Vegas, NV
October 15-18, 2016Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
October 16-20, 2016American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress
October 23-25, 2016National Association for Home Care & Hospice
Click here for a complete list of 2016 meetings >
Alliance Selected as Health Care Payment Learning and Action Network Committed Partner by CMS; Next meeting is Oct 25 in DC
The Alliance is now a committed partner to the Health Care Payment Learning and Action Network (HCPLAN) which means that to CMS and other leading organizations—we are at the forefront in working with an impressive and innovative group of clinical associations, patient organizations, private and public commercial payers, Medicaids, businesses (see https://hcp-lan.org/about-us/committed-partners/ ) who are working to contribute to the momentum of payment reform across health care.
The recommendations that are made by the LAN Work Groups are shaping the future of health care and specifically focus on the technical aspects of alternative payment models (APM). The Alliance Board believed it was essential that the Alliance become a LAN committed partner to ensure that wound care has a seat at the table and has influence when these decisions are made. The official letter welcoming the Alliance is here. The next meeting of the LAN is on October 25 in Washington D.C. Registration is free and can be accessed clicking here